Autos From America’s Business Model is based on serving our customers and assisting you step by step through the process of buying the best example of the car you are searching for and looking to import. Please review the questions below to understand how the process works.
Searching for Cars?
Autos From America works with Dealers and Private Sellers too. We are able to negotiate on your behalf to secure the best possible price for the car you are buying. Our inventory is personally selected by us from Sellers we have purchased cars from previously. This relationship is built on trust through years of doing deals with these vendors and provides you with an extra layer of protection knowing we are working with vendors we trust.
Autos From America can also assist if you find the car you want on your own. We can negotiate the price with the Seller, recommend and arrange Inspection Services, quote and arrange transport to the Port in LA, arrange ocean transport and insurance and assist with the compliance process once your car arrives.
Purchasing your car
Our process is simple:
- You select the car from our inventory you are interested in or a car you have located on your own.
- We do the research to answer all of your questions regarding the vehicle and costs for shipping it home. We negotiate the price with the Seller on your behalf.
- Vehicle Inspections are next. We can recommend Inspection Companies Nationwide we have used previously and can explain the level of detail you can expect these written reports will cover..
- Once the price is agreed, Autos From America takes care of all of the details regarding insuring and shipping your car to NZ. We only use Extreme Global, a long time expert in importing cars from the US to NZ. Trust in a Kiwi based company with offices in NZ and in Los Angeles assures your car is shipped safely and securely. Extreme Global manages the entire shipping process from packing to insurance to NZ Customs clearance, insuring no “fly by night” third party Brokers looking to overcharge you are involved.
- Extreme Global receives your car in the US and prepares it for the trip. We/you are in constant contact with Extreme Global in Los Angeles to keep updated on the shipping process. Once the car arrives in Auckland or Christchurch you can pickup your car. AAF (Autos From America) can also assist in enlisting the help of a NZ Transport authorized company who will manage the Certification process to get your car on the road!
*** Please note all of our pricing is based on the asking price for the car on the day it is listed. Exchange rates change daily. We keep pricing updated, but please ask about the current day’s exchange rate when completing an offer. ***
Paying for your Classic gem –
JD with Autos From America lives in New Zealand. He has lived in both the South Island (Timaru) and North Island (Auckland) for the last 4 years. All of our banking is done with ANZ or Westpac. Your funds are deposited in NZ and paid to the Vendor in the US that same day. In some cases paying the Seller direct in US dollars is the preferred and fastest way to complete the purchase and get your car shipped as soon as possible. JD is available 24/7/365 to mange the entire process and your payments are documented throughout the transaction.